Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Signing Off: Were Their Messages Properly Mixed?

By Mitch Broder

I would not trade my life for a perm.

I might trade my life for permanent hair, but that’s beside the point.

The point is that there was an Upper West Side salon that seemed to suggest that if I patronized it I would croak — and maybe that’s why it croaked.

City places are always going, but lately I’ve passed some places that whisper to me of something that may have hastened their departure. As I’ve gazed up at their sad awnings and thought about what I’m reading, I have not been able to keep from wondering … Could it have been the name?

Thanks, but not just yet...

Looks to be a long one...


Now I guess I'll have to...



Naturally, they dropped...



And so the cupcakes stopped.

Vintage New York extends its condolences to all lost NYC businesses. Most, anyway.




2 comments:

  1. It's like walking down the steet and sharing a now-not-so-secret laugh with a friend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete